Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Utah and California Adventure Time.


     
Cruisin' with Luke and Crew.


     My plans for this summer were to simply have no plans, but to just GO! So about three days after I got home from Hawaii for the summer, I headed straight to Logan, Utah to spend some time with my brother Blake's family, not knowing when I would return to Reno (just the way I like it). Christine had baby Ellie about two days after I got there, so I got to spend some precious time with my two awesome nephews Sam and Isaac. I had so much fun with them, and they were so excited for their new sister. I spent the next week hanging out with them, and then on Saturday I headed to Salt Lake with my roommate Destiny to our friends Dave and Catherine's wedding. It was so much fun because there were twenty of us there from Hawaii! I made it back to Logan the next day, bought my ticket to San Diego, and left two days later.

     I landed in San Diego where Crosby, my great friend from Hawaii, picked me up. I then remembered that my nephews were on vacation there with their dad, so we headed straight to their hotel on Coronado Island to say hello. It was great to be at the ocean again :) We then drove up to Crosby's house in Temecula, where we got to catch up. The next day, we met up with our friends from Hawaii Nate, Colby, and Devin for frozen yogurt. Then we made our way to my Uncle Craig's house in Santa Clarita. Later that night, Destiny showed up at my uncle's house with Nathan, Chris, and Rachel so that we could go to Six Flags Magic Mountain the next day! That was such a blast, because it was Nathan's birthday and that was our excuse to act like kids again for a day ;)

     On Friday, my Aunt Jennifer and I had so much fun going to downtown LA for some majorly discounted designer shopping! I had a blast with her, and we finally got some girl time together! Then we met up with my sister-in-law Merideth so that I could spend the next day or so with her and my brother Wade and their five kiddos. We spent the next day riding bikes, swimming at the pool, and getting tasty food at Cafe Rio. After church on Sunday, we went back to Craig's house for a big family dinner, and I then stayed there that night. 

     Monday I went to Hurricane Harbor, the water park at Six Flags, with my cousin Easton and his friend. That was super fun, even though those teenage boys acted like babies for all the "big" slides! ;) That night we just hung out and, my friend Devin came and stayed there that night so that we could drive back to Reno together the next day. 

     It was definitely a fun-filled and sporadic trip! And I was exhausted after being gone for almost three weeks, but it was definitely worth it! I can't believe I got to do everything I did, and more importantly see everyone I saw! I'm so grateful for the friends and family I have, and how much joy they bring to me in my life. I don't have many pictures from this adventure, but here's some:


Beautiful baby Ellie.


   
At Dave and Catherine's wedding with Destiny and a bunch of Hawaii friends!

 Top left corner: Me with Crosby at the beach in San Diego
Top right corner: Hotel del Coronado in San Diego
Bottom left corner: Me and Nathan with our incredible glasses...
Bottom right corner: our group at Sixl Flags workin' the capes!

  




1 comment: